How To Become An Egg Donor In California
If you are looking for information about how to become an egg donor in California, you are already aware of the impact your decision is likely to have. After all, it’s not often that an individual is given a chance to have such a positive influence on the lives of other people, especially if your decision results in a child being born.
Of course, part of your research includes finding out about and choosing the right egg donor agency for you, as there are many egg donation clinics in California, and they are not all the same. Unlike the typical egg donation agency where the agency is separated from the actual egg donation clinic, here at Santa Monica Fertility, we do everything on site. This means our egg donors do not have to travel between locations for their appointments and will work with an integrated team. Our expert clinicians do everything from your initial medical testing to actually performing the egg retrieval procedure, right on our premises.
We get to know you as a person, and not just a donor. Even though you remain anonymous to the intended parents, to us you are so much more. We know you by your first name, and you’ll always feel at home when you walk through our doors, as you’ll be surrounded by familiar and supportive faces.
Plus, our California egg donation compensation package is the highest in the United States.
How Much Can I Sell My Eggs For in California
Although the phrase “how much can I sell my eggs for in California” is the most popular search phrase by women looking to donate their eggs, it’s actually not possible to sell your eggs in the United States. Trading organs and human parts, including eggs, is banned by law. However, you can donate your eggs and receive compensation, not for the eggs, but for your time and effort. You can see more information about egg donor compensation here.
Egg Donor Pay in California
Even though you are not selling your eggs, you are compensated for your time, the inconvenience, and the effort that you undergo during this process. If you are a first-time donor, you will receive up to $10,000 at the time of egg retrieval, with repeat donors receiving $12,000 and more.
All of your expenses are covered, and you will never be responsible for any out-of-pocket costs. We also offer medical insurance that covers the egg donation process, legal representation, full medical, psychological, and genetic screening, travel to Los Angeles, accommodations (if needed), and even your parking costs.
Highest-paying Egg Donation Clinic in California
We understand that as an egg donor, compensation for your time and efforts is extremely important and we pride ourselves in being the highest paying egg donation clinic in California.
But of course, compensation is not everything. We are an in-house donor egg bank as well as a surrogacy agency, meaning we can match you with our patients who are waiting to become parents. Not only does this make the matching process much faster, but it also means we know the Intended Parents well. Even though you remain anonymous to them, we know you very well, and we make sure the match between you and the Intended Parents is optimal.
Egg Donor Requirements in California
So how do you qualify to become an egg donor in California? First of all, the California egg donor requirements are in place to protect your health as an egg donor, as well as the health of any child conceived through the use of your eggs.
California egg donor requirements include:
- You are between the ages of 20 to 29
- You must be in good general health and pass a physical exam done by our clinicians.
- Your body weight must be in a healthy range for your height, with a BMI of under 28.
- You must be STI-free (sexually transmitted infections) for at least 12 months before donating.
- You must not smoke or use illegal drugs.
- Your family history is important, especially if there are risk factors for genetically inherited diseases.
- You must not have traveled to an area where the Zika virus is present for the last six months.
- You must be able to fulfill the time commitment that testing and other appointments will require.
You can read a complete description and discussion of all the requirements to become an egg donor in California here.
How To Donate Eggs In California?
The process to donate eggs in California is straightforward and step-by-step.
- First, you’ll need to fill out our online application form here and one of our egg donation coordinators will be in touch with you as soon as we have reviewed your application.
- Next, you will consult with a fertility specialist doctor at our Santa Monica Fertility Clinic who will go over your medical history in detail, then will do an ultrasound of your ovaries, plus draw blood for various medical as well as infectious disease screens.
- After all these results are back, you will then have a telephone interview with both a psychologist and a genetic counselor.
- Once all of these medical, psychological, and genetic screening procedures have been completed and you have qualified to donate eggs, your egg donor profile will be completed. Part of your profile completion is to submit photographs, and we may send you an invite for a professional photoshoot, at no cost to you, of course. Your profile is confidential, password protected and is shared with intended parents who have expressed interest in choosing you as their donor.
- Once there is a potential match with intended parents, we will be in touch with you.
- That’s it! We know all these steps to donating eggs in California can seem overwhelming, but we break it down and guide you through the process, so don’t worry.
Sometimes, we are able to start the egg donation process right away. You can see more detail about all aspects of the egg donation journey here.
Become An Egg Donor In Los Angeles
If you are local to Los Angeles, you’ll be happy to know that we will never request that you have treatment at an unfamiliar clinic or with unfamiliar medical professionals. You will work ONLY with Dr. Jain and his expert team here, at our Santa Monica Fertility Clinic. We can assure you that you’ll be in this industry’s best hands and you’ll become an integral part of our Santa Monica Fertility family.
Egg Donation Los Angeles Compensation
For first-time donors, Los Angeles egg donation compensation is $10,000. Repeat donors receive $12,000 and more in compensation for donating eggs. At Santa Monica Fertility Clinic, this compensation is the same across the whole state of California and the rest of United States.
We cover the entirety of your medical expenses and you will never incur any out-of-pocket costs associated with egg donation. We also offer medical insurance to cover the egg donation process. Plus we also pay for screening, legal representation, travel and accommodations (if needed) to Los Angeles, and your parking costs.
You can find more details about egg donor compensation here.
The Best Egg Donation Agency in California
We can say without hesitation that we are the best egg donation agency in California. In fact, most of our egg donors donate with us more than once and even recommend their friends. As one of our donors, you will work directly with Dr. Jain and his expert team with an individualized cycle protocol designed just for you. This individual customization ensures the safest process for our donors, and you will have an assigned nurse throughout the egg donation process. Your nurse will be available twenty-four/seven to answer any questions or address your concerns.
We cover all of your expenses, from medical and psychological screening to cycle stimulation and egg retrieval to travel and accommodations. Plus, we offer the highest compensation anywhere for both first-time donors and repeat donors.
To us, you are so much more than “a donor,” as you truly become part of our Santa Monica Fertility family!
How To Become An Egg Donor In California
If you are ready to become an egg donor in California, simply go here to fill out an application. Once the application is submitted, we will contact you. And congratulations on your decision! As an egg donor with Santa Monica Fertility, you have chosen to work with the very best, and we so look forward to getting to know you and working with you.
We invite you to explore our website for more information. You can read the personal stories of other women who have chosen to become egg donors in California with Santa Monica Fertility. These donors share details of their egg donation journeys, including what was most challenging for them and they also have a word of advice for anyone who is considering donating their eggs for the very first time.
Plus, we have a FAQ, filled with questions and answers. Becoming a California egg donor is a big decision, and we want you to have all the information you need to make the best choice for you. We also know, from our years of working with egg donors and intended parents, that this decision is one of the most rewarding you will ever make.
Please contact us today with any questions or if you are ready to apply just click here. Or call our egg donation coordinator at 310 – 566 – 1470.
We would be delighted to welcome you into our Santa Monica Fertility egg donor family!