Can I Benefit?
Future Fathers Quiz
You can better understand your sperm health by answering a few easy questions. Get your results, take the quiz.Begin
Meet Dr. Jain:
Chief Fertility Specialist
With something as important as having a child, you want to know the information and the advice you receive is coming from the most experienced, trusted source possible.
Dr. John Jain is a Board-certified reproductive endocrinologist and a pioneer in the field of reproductive medicine. He was federally funded by the National Institutes of Health and was appointed to the National Ethics Committee of the American College of Obstetricians by President Vivian Dickerson. In 2006, the Pacific Coast Reproductive Society awarded him their top research prize.
He has appeared in a multitude of broadcast and print outlets including The Today Show, Dr. Oz, The Doctors, Dr. Phil, the Wall Street Journal and The Discovery Channel to speak about his innovative approaches to reproductive medicine.
Dr. Jain has 25 years of clinical experience including a decade as a tenured professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine. During his time at USC, he published over 100 scientific works and created the university’s first egg freezing program.
He remains dedicated to advancements in the area of male and female fertility through his research and advocacy organizations, Life Research Group and Future Fathers, and his clinical practice, Santa Monica Fertility.
- Dr. Jain completed his BA in Classical Greek Civilization, MS in Anatomy and Cell Biology, and MD from the University of Southern California.
- He completed his specialty training in Obstetrics and Gynecology and subspecialty training in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the University of Southern California where he remained a full-time faculty until 2007.
- National Committee on Ethics of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology – Appointed by President Vivian Dickerson, MD
- National Institutes of Health: Scientific Advisory Panel on Fertility Preservation
- National Institute for Child and Human Development: Global Microbicides Program-member of grants review panel
- The American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology Inc. (Reproductive Endocrinology), 2002
- The American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology Inc. (Obstetrics and Gynecology), 2000
Honors and Awards
- Pacific Coast Reproductive Society – general program prize paper, 2006
- Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics Excellence in Teaching Award, 2001
- Searle Outstanding Teacher Award, 1996
- AOA Honor Medical Society, 1992
Dr. Jain has authored numerous scientific articles and chapters. Some of his most important papers include:
- Clinical Epigenetics (pending) – Sperm epigenetic changes impact embryo yield and live birth rates
- Journal of the American Medical Association – Pregnancy outcome in women over 50 years of age using donor eggs
- New England Journal of Medicine – Use of misoprostol for treatment of abnormal pregnancies
- Fertility and Sterility – Contemporary Review of oocyte cryopreservation
- Whittier Law Review – The future of Assisted Reproductive Technologies: Ethical perspectives