Become a Surrogate
Becoming a surrogate is one of the most selfless decisions a woman can make. The journey of carrying a child for another person or couple impacts every aspect of your life, and your compassion is already evident in your decision to begin looking into the idea of becoming a surrogate.
As you do your research, you’ll soon realize (if you haven’t already) that not all surrogacy agencies are the same. At Premium Surrogacy, we ensure our surrogates are treated with the utmost respect. This is reflected in everything we do; from our screening process, as we want to ensure that surrogacy is a healthy process for you, to our world class support services provided by our expert team during the pregnancy. All our surrogacy coordinators have been surrogates themselves; they understand the journey well and are there to support you every step of the way.
In addition, we offer the highest level of surrogate compensation package in the United States.
Why Choose Premium Surrogacy
When you choose to work with Premium Surrogacy, you’ll be partnering with a world-class organization headed by Dr. John Jain, acknowledged as one of the world’s top fertility and third party reproduction specialists.
Here are just a few ways in which our service stands apart from our competitors:
- Receive payments from the start: Our surrogate compensation package is most competitive and begins with our medical screening process. You will be compensated for your time as we complete necessary medical testing and evaluations.
- No hidden costs: There are no out-of-pocket expenses for you. We ensure that your medical, legal, insurance and travel costs (if applicable) are covered.
- World-class care: We work with only Dr. John Jain and his teams in Florida and California. Dr. Jain has made appearances on Dr. Oz, Dr. Phil, The Today Show, and was even the subject of the PBS documentary “My Future Baby.” He has built a team of industry experts, many of whom have experienced the surrogacy process themselves and can lead this process from a place of empathy and care for both the surrogate and intended parents.
- Care around the clock: Our surrogacy team provides 24/7 support and care, including labor and delivery support.
- No need to change doctors: We will do our best to work with the OB/Gyn of your choice near your home throughout the entire surrogacy process.
Why Do Surrogates Matter?
Surrogates matter a great deal to us at Premium Surrogacy. Our program only offers gestational surrogacy, meaning that our surrogates become pregnant through embryo transfer. The embryo is created using the egg and sperm of either the intended parents of the child or sperm/egg donors. Your own eggs will not be fertilized and you will have no genetic relationship to the baby that you are carrying. However, you will play the star role in ensuring the embryo develops into a healthy baby during the surrogacy process.
Your health and environment not only help the baby grow, but you can help influence the baby’s genetic expression after the birth. This means that parents look for surrogates who are dedicated to a healthy life and care about the process they undergo together. Your willingness to be a surrogate mother helps couples who might not otherwise be able to have children of their own, and we can’t wait to match you to the perfect intended parent.
How To Become A Surrogate?
Because surrogacy involves pregnancy and childbirth on behalf of another individual or couple, we screen potential surrogates carefully. The path to become a surrogate is guided by our team, who has years of expertise in the field. There are several surrogate qualifications that you must meet before we can move forward with your application.
What are the requirements to become a surrogate?
Potential surrogates qualify if they:
- Are under 40 years of age
- Are U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- Live in the states, where surrogacy is legal
- Are physically and mentally healthy
- Have given birth to and raised at least one child.
What is the process to become a surrogate?
There are several steps you’ll go through to qualify to become a surrogate mother
- Initial Application: We are excited to meet you! After completing an online surrogate application on our website, our surrogate agency coordinator will contact you to review your details, explain the process and answer any questions you may have. We’ll ask you to complete and sign 2 forms that will allow us to run your background check and request your medical records.
- Surrogate Profile Questionnaire: You will fill out a questionnaire to tell us more about yourself and your family. This is a way for us to really get to know you. We will also place most of this information on your confidential surrogate profile that is shared with intended parents.
- Medical Records Review: We will request medical records from your doctor, who supported you in your most recent pregnancy. Our Fertility Specialist and Medical Director, Dr. Jain, will review your medical and obstetric records to be sure you are medically able to be a surrogate and go through the surrogacy process.
- Phone Consultation: One of our physicians will go over the surrogacy process with you and answer any questions you may have.
- Medical Screenings: We will invite you to one of our clinics to complete your medical screenings. You will have blood drawn for infectious diseases and prenatal tests, urine for a drug test, a physical exam and an ultrasound of your uterus and ovaries. You will then meet with a high-risk obstetrician for your final medical clearance. Your partner will also be required to undergo infectious diseases and drug testing.
- Psychological Screening: You will speak with a licensed psychologist to ensure that you are mentally fit to become a surrogate.
- Home Assessment: A licensed social worker will conduct this step. This is to ensure that you are living in a safe, nurturing, healthy and supportive environment.
- Matching Process: After all screening results have been approved by Dr. Jain, we begin the matching process. You will have an opportunity to review a profile for potential intended parent/s prior to engaging in match meeting.
- Legal Contract: Once a surrogacy match is agreed and confirmed, you will enter into a legal contract with the intended parents. In this process, you will be represented by an attorney.
We will support you, from beginning to end
Our expert team will continue to work closely with you even after the screening is done, ensuring you are comfortable and looked after in every step of the way. Below are some of the ways in which our team is here to help:
- Matching: For many surrogates, this is the most exciting part of the process. Our team will match you with intended parents that align with your goals and preferences. We help facilitate meetings so parties can get to know each other before kicking off the process. We move forward with the embryo transfer only after both you and intended parent/s decide that you are a good fit for each other.
- Embryo transfer and medical monitoring: After you are matched and all parties have signed the paperwork to secure your payment and rights, we will begin the medical protocol to prepare you for the embryo transfer. Our team will closely monitor that all medical treatments are being deployed correctly and support you through the process.
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy is such an exciting time! We will provide as much support as you need, including emotional support, excellent prenatal care until you transfer to a local OB/GYN of your choice, nutritional counseling and free, weekly shipments of fresh, organic fruits and vegetables for you to enjoy.
Want To Apply To Become A Surrogate Or Learn More?
If you are interested in becoming a surrogate, please submit your online application and we’ll be in touch straight away.
If you have further questions, please contact us or call us at (310) 566 1487 (US wide) and (762) 333 4659 (East Coast) and we’ll be happy to assist you.