John K. Jain, MD
Dr. John Jain is a Board-certified reproductive endocrinologist and a pioneer in the field of reproductive medicine. He was federally funded by the National Institutes of Health and was appointed to the National Ethics Committee of the American College of Obstetricians by President Vivian Dickerson. In 2006, the Pacific Coast Reproductive Society awarded him their top research prize.
Dr. Jain has twenty years of academic experience including a decade as a decorated professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the USC Keck School of Medicine. During his tenure at USC, he spearheaded egg freezing research and subsequently created the university's egg freezing program. He now brings that expertise to Santa Monica Fertility.
He remains dedicated to advancements in the area of cryopreservation through cutting-edge research at Santa Monica Fertility.
- Dr. Jain completed his BA in Classical Greek Civilization, MS, in Anatomy and Cell Biology, and MD from the University of Southern California.
- He completed his specialty training in Obstetrics and Gynecology and subspecialty training in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the University of Southern California where he remained a full-time faculty until 2007.
- National Committee on Ethics of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology - Appointed by President Vivian Dickerson, MD
- National Institutes of Health: Scientific Advisory Panel on Fertility Preservation
- National Institute for Child and Human Development: Global Microbicides Program-member of grants review panel
- The American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology Inc. (Reproductive Endocrinology), 2002
- The American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology Inc. (Obstetrics and Gynecology), 2000
Honors and Awards
- Pacific Coast Reproductive Society – general program prize paper, 2006
- Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics Excellence in Teaching Award, 2001
- Searle Outstanding Teacher Award, 1996
- AOA Honor Medical Society, 1992
Dr. Jain has authored numerous scientific articles and chapters. Some of his most important papers include:
- Pregnancy outcome after cryopreservation of all oocytes from a single ovulatory cohort: A prospective clinical trial
- Pregnancy in the sixth decade of life: Obstetric outcomes in women of advanced reproductive age
- The future of assisted reproductive technologies: Ethical perspectives
- Monozygotic twins and triplets in association with blastocyst transfer
- Pregnancy outcomes with increased clomiphene citrate
- The Embryo ICU: Evaluation of oocyte and embryo development using nanotechnology and microfluidic systems
- Oocyte cryopreservation: Slow-freeze versus vitrification techniques
- The mechanism of oocyte loss from chemotherapy and radiation
- Oocyte reconstruction and ovarian tissue engineering
Society Membership and Positions
- Pacific Coast Reproductive Society
- Society for Gynecologic Investigation
- The American Society for Reproductive Medicine
Areas of Expertise
Egg freezing, early embryo development, embryo implantation, fertility in women of advanced age, third party parenting and uterine receptivity.
Latest Blog Posts
Santa Monica Fertility
A unique fertility practice fueled by world-class research and a respect for the patient’s mental and physical well-being.