Typical users of the Santa Monica Fertility websites
The Company and its affiliates are providers of fertility treatment. We do not focus on collecting data from our Sites’ users or our patients. The information we do collect online is used to better serve our Sites’ users and our patients.
Information we collect online
In order to better provide you with information and services, we collect two types of information about visitors to our Sites: Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information. Our primary goal in collecting information from you is to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience while using our Sites. Unless otherwise stated, we may collect the following types of Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information when you browse our Sites:
- Personally Identifiable Information you provide directly, such as your name, contact information or emails you send us. With this information, we can better provide you with personalized services and information. This includes Personally Identifiable Information provided directly to us through the “info-at” fields on our Sites;
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information, such as information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. We gather certain information about you based upon where you visit our Sites in several ways. This information is compiled and analyzed on both a personal and an aggregated basis. For example, this information may include the website’s Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) that you just came from, which URL you next go to, what browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. A URL is the global address of documents and other resources on the World Wide Web. An IP address is an identifier for a computer or device on a Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (“TCP/IP”) network, such as the World Wide Web. Networks like the Web use the TCP/IP protocol to route information based on the IP address of the destination. In other words, an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web, allowing web servers to locate and identify your computer. Computers require IP addresses in order for users to communicate on and browse the Internet.
- Demographic data also may be collected at our Sites from third party advertising servers, content servers, or web site analysis agents who provide us with the zip code and area code associated with a visitor’s server, along with pages viewed on our Sites. We review the actions of visitors on an aggregate basis to determine our users’ preferences. We use this data to tailor our visitors’ experience at our Sites, to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to statistically analyze website use, to improve our informational offerings, and to customize the Sites’ content, layout, and services. We may receive reports from third party ad servers, content servers, or website analysis agents that tells us how many ads were presented and clicked upon or what content was served or viewed.
- Like many Internet sites, our Sites may use small text files called “cookies” that are sent to the hard drive of your computer to store bits of information related to your use of the Sites. Cookies can store a variety of information, including IP addresses, navigational data, server information, data transfer times, user preferences, and passwords needed to access the Sites. The “Help” section of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have your browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to configure your browser to reject cookies altogether. However, if you disable cookies, you might not be able to access important functions or features of the Sites and your use of the Sites may be limited.
How we use this information
Except as limited below, we reserve the right to use or disclose your Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information for business reasons in whatever manner desired. The Company and its affiliates do not typically rent or sell customer lists to other companies. Instead, we use information collected through the Sites primarily for the following purposes:
- Information you provide directly, such as contact form submissions, are used to respond to your inquiries.
- With usage data, we may customize the pages you see to deliver more relevant information to you through the Sites.
- Information about pages visited, frequency of visits and other similar data, is used internally to improve the content and design of our Sites.
- The Company or its affiliates may disclose or transfer Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information to third-party service-provider companies to perform some functions, including processing of data, statistical purposes, improving our site and its performance, to serve ads, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you, to protect the security of the Sites, to protect ourselves and our affiliated companies against liability, and to protect our users and patients.
Notification of data processing in the United States of America
When you choose to submit information through the Sites, the Company or its affiliates may transfer, process and store the information in countries in which the Company and its affiliates maintain offices, including the United States and Hong Kong. The United States does not regulate data protection in the same manner as other countries, including the Member States of the European Union. Accordingly, the Personally Identifiable Information or Non-Personally Identifiable Information that you submit to the Company may be transferred to, processed, or stored in countries where the data protection laws are different than those of your country of residence and may not provide an equivalent level of data protection to the laws in your home jurisdiction.
Contacting us about privacy questions or concerns
Santa Monica Fertility
2825 Santa Monica Blvd #100,
Santa Monica, CA 90404
Information storage and updates
You can update your contact information by contacting us at any time. We may keep all information in an offline form for archival purposes or as otherwise required by law.