A. Generally speaking, a fertile couple has a 20% chance of pregnancy per month. This means that about 90% of women will have conceived after trying for one year. If you are under thirty years of age and find yourself in the remaining 10%, you should consult a fertility specialist. Women over the age of thirty should seek medical advice if they have not conceived after six months of trying. It is recommended that women over the age of forty consult a fertility specialist at the time they decide they would like to conceive.
A. Yes. We will evaluate female patients from eighteen years old to fifty-five years old.
A. If you are actually menopausal and want to get pregnant, you will need to consider egg donation.
A. No, SMF provides treatment for married and unmarried couples, same sex couples and single individuals.
A. This includes ovarian stimulation, ovulation and the insemination itself. In vitro fertilization (IVF) can take from 4-6 weeks for the process leading up to egg retrieval. The embryos are transferred 3-5 days later.
A. This depends on age and personal preference.
A. We discuss our success rates here.
A. We recommend that urine be tested in the afternoon between 12:00 noon and 1:00 pm. measuring in the morning can yield a false positive, as urine is concentrated at this time.
A. We work closely with an andrologist who can perform male infertility evaluations. Please contact our office for more information.